Beauty routines don’t need to be complicated, unless of course that’s what you enjoy and there is nothing wrong with being a beauty junkie, I was one in my 20’s and 30’s. Personally I now strive for the fewest steps and products possible. For the most part I NEVER wear foundation or blush, nothing fussy for this over 60 urban kitten.
My philosophy is select products that are simple and deliver maximum return. I love going into my bathroom and having all my beauty products proudly displayed, I’m one of those girls who needs to see what I have otherwise I forgot about it. Packaging is important, if torn between two products with similar effectiveness I’ll always choose the one that looks prettiest on my counter-top. I know I shouldn't care, but I do.
My complexion is pretty good for someone of my age, a few wrinkles, which I happily accept, and some uneven tone which I don’t love. Instead of products to cover up issues, I exfoliate. What really vexes me is I STILL breakout, not often but when it happens it's usually one inconveniently placed spot.
Weekday Morning Routine (15 minutes includes shower time)
- Cleanse Face: CeraVe SA Cleanser (in the shower)
- Moisturize: I use CeraVe tinted sunscreen and then dust a little powder by it.
- Lipstick: NARS Cruella when I feeling playful or for the minimalist look, I wear Rodin's Lip & Cheek Oil in Red Hedy. These both look really red in the package, but you can control the color. When I wear my NAS Cruella I just dab on my lips for a matte wash and a hint of red. For a wetter look, I use my Hedy lip oil and hold on to your lips, sometimes I get really crazy and layer both!
- Eyeliner: Stila Alloy Grey or
- Curl Lashes: with my Shu Uemura Curler
- Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash or Glossier.
- Highlighter: YSL Touche Eclat
Moisturize hand and body as needed with either Eucerin Body Lotion or Nivea (German formulation).
My hair routine is incredibly simple since I have a chin length bob that really just requires a comb and a head shake. If I have any remaining Nuxe Oil on my hands I’ll wipe it on the ends of my hair.
Finally I get dressed for work, head into the kitchen to take my CoQ10, Vitamin D, drink a big glass of water with lemon, and then pack my lunch before heading out the door for an hour commute to work.
Evening Routine (10-15 minutes include shower time)
- Remove Makeup with Micellar Water to remove mascara and eyeliner
- Cleanse Face with Rodin Powder Cleanser for a light exfoliation.
- Evening Shower
- I wash my hair every other evening with Goodfellow Shampoo.
- I use hair conditioners only when needed, if I need a little shine or smoothing I use my Nuxe Dry Oil.
- Pick out a work outfit for the next day.
My routine is simple and minimalist in nature and works for my lifestyle.
Don't forget to make time for a little inexpensive pampering.