Beauty routines don’t need to be complicated, unless of course that’s what you enjoy and there is nothing wrong with being a beauty junkie, I was one in my 20’s and 30’s. Personally I now strive for the fewest steps and products possible. For the most part I NEVER wear foundation or blush, nothing fussy for this pushing 60 gal.
My philosophy is select products that are simple and deliver maximum return. I love going into my bathroom and having all my beauty products proudly displayed, I’m one of those girls who needs to see what I have otherwise I forgot about it. Packaging is important, if torn between two products with similar effectiveness I’ll always choose the one that looks prettiest on my counter-top.
My complexion is pretty good for someone of my age, a few wrinkles, which I happily accept and some uneven tone which I don’t love. Instead of products to cover up issues, I invest in the occasional IPL treatment to solve the problem.
Weekday Morning Routine (15 minutes includes shower time)
- Cleanse Face CeraVe SA Cleanser (in shower)
- Moisturize Nuxe Multi Purpose Dry Oil
- Lipstick NARS Cruella or Rodin So Mod
- Eyeliner Stila Alloy Grey
- Curl lashes with my Shu Uemura Curler
- Mascara Benefit Roller Lash
- Highlighter YSL Touche Eclat
Moisturize hand and body as needed with either Nuxe Dry Oil or Nivea (German formulation).
My hair routine is incredibly simple since I have a chin length bob that really just requires a comb and a head shake. If I have any remaining Nuxe Oil on my hands I’ll wipe it on the ends of my hair.
Finally I get dressed for work, head into the kitchen to take my CoQ10, Vitamin D, drink a big glass of water with lemon, and then pack my lunch before heading out the door for an hour commute to work.
Evening Routine (10-15 minutes include shower time)
- Wipe Face with Micellar Water to remove mascara and eyeliner
- Cleanse Face with Rodin Powder Cleanser for a light exfoliation.
- Evening Shower
- I wash my hair every other evening with Klorane Shampoo. I don’t use hair conditioners , if I need a little shine or smoothing I use my Nuxe Dry Oil
- Pick out work outfit for the next day.
My routine is simple and minimalist in nature and works for my lifestyle.