I’m obsessed with saving money when I shop and I’m willing to take a couple extra steps to accomplish my savings goal. I confess I’m a late night online shopper but will only purchase items I truly love and need.
Here are 5 ways to save money shopping online.
1. Buy discounted gift cards online from sites like Gift Card Zen (my fav) or try a site like Gift Card Granny which shows discounted gift cards from several different companies. When I shop online I fill my cart then check the amount due, next go the Gift Card Zen and purchase a discounted electronic gift card for the amount closest to what I need. I can save anywhere from 5-20%.
2. Use rebate sites like Ebates.com. I go through Ebates.com when shopping online and save an additional percentage off my purchase which is deposited into my PayPal account. When I pay for my purchase with a discounted gift card I’m saving 2 ways! Ebates almost always has sign up promotions going on so check it out, it’s free to sign up
3. Check www.retailmenot.com for promo codes.
4. Check grocery coupon sites for coupon for items you purchase on a regular basis. When I need multiple coupons of the same item I use thecouponclippers.com. Not long ago I found coupons for the coffee I drink so I stocked up and saved about $20 total.
5. If you or belong to AARP take advantage of the local discounts and also purchase discounted gift cards from their website. As an example you can buy a $100 gift card for just $90 for an impressive 10% discount. Tip: If you’re 50 years or older your eligible to join AARP and if your too young maybe someone in your family is a member and they can make the purchase for you.
Please leave us a comment and share your shopping tips.
The Urban Kitten